Subject: Solved: "Messed up and outta my mind"
From: Stefan Ram
Newsgroups: de.rec.musik.rock+pop
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:30 UTC
From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: de.rec.musik.rock+pop
Date: 10 Feb 2024 19:30:24 GMT
View all headers

I might have been about 13 years old when I read a kind of
brochure about Iggy and the Stooges, where one page had the
text (probably in large print and in isolation)

|Messed up and outta my mind

. I had only learned so much English and was very puzzled.
I since remember this phrase verbatim, though I think I
have lost that brochure long ago.

Today, I finally solved this puzzle. I got the explanation
from an book that explained that there was a writer Chris
Hodenfield who wrote about the Stooges that they glorified

|messed up and outta my mind living

. Now, I just needed to ask any old AI system. It told me:

|The phrase "a band that glorified messed up and outta my mind
|living" suggests that the band's music and lyrics celebrate
|or exalt a lifestyle characterized by chaos, confusion, or
|mental instability. This could involve themes of rebellion,
|self-destruction, or unconventional living. The term
|"glorified" implies that the band portrayed this type of
|living in a positive or admirable light.

. See? So that's the meaning of "Messed up and outta my mind"!

It remains to mention that both "messed up" and "outta my mind"
also appear in lyrics of the band:

|So messed up I want you here
"I Wanna Be Your Dog" (1969)

|Out of my mind on Saturday night
"1970" (1970)

. So, maybe Hodenfield created the phrase combining it from those
songs.

rocksolid / de.rec.musik.rock+pop / Solved: "Messed up and outta my mind"

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.136
clearnet tor